Uncle Jimmy was amazing. He lived to the age of 95, working at the New Orleans Country Club well into his 80’s. He emigrated to the U.S. from Malta as a teenager, served in the U.S. Army, rode as a jockey in Chicago, and then catered for celebrities at the old Monteleone Hotel in New Orleans for many years.
- Peel bananas, slice in half lengthwise, then cut in half. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add sugar and cinnamon and stir well to mix. Heat for a few minutes, taking care not to burn.
- Then put the bananas in the skillet and sauté until soft and a little browned.
- Add the rum - but BE CAREFUL, IT MAY FLAME UP. If it does, just remove the pan from the heat.
- Lift out the bananas and put on serving plates.
- Top with ice cream and sauce from the pan.
Photo ©2015 BigCoffeeCup.com; Beso del Sol Photography