I kinda made this up, trying to copy my favorite Thai dish from Madame Mam's restaurant in Austin, Texas. It's not at all the same, but I still like it.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in large, heavy Dutch oven pot or other large pot. Carefully add chicken; watch out for oil spatters!
- Brown chicken on both sides. Lower heat to medium.
- Add orange juice, zest, all seasonings, wine, chicken broth, scallions, and garlic. Stir.
- Cover pot with lid and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, turning chicken over once about midway through.
- Turn off heat, remove pot lid, and let chicken cool for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Carefully transfer chicken and sauces to a large baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice with sauce and chopped green onions on top.