After eating this at a friend's house, it has become a favorite recipe for my husband to cook.
You have to go to the butcher and ask for osso bucco. You will get a lot of bones with marrow and some roast.
1 onion, chopped medium
3 carrots, sliced
3 stalks celery, sliced
2 cups wine
2 cups beef broth
4 cloves garlic, chopped
3 medium tomatoes, diced
1/3 cup flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Dredge (coat) the roast in flour. Shake off extra and set aside.
- Brown meat in a hot skillet over medium-high heat - about 3 minutes each side. Remove from pan and put in slow-cooker.
- Add chopped onions, carrots, garlic, and celery to the hot skillet and saute' until softened. Add wine and bring to a boil for 2 -3 minutes. Pour into your crock pot.
- Add beef broth (or use chicken broth or water, if you don't have any broth) to crock pot.
- Add diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, and bones.
- Cook on high heat in crock pot for about 4 hours, then turn heat to low and cook for 2 additional hours. It's ready when the meat is done.
- Serve over hot rice and sprinkle top with fresh chopped parsley.