Christmas Eve Apple Pie
1 egg white
1 stick butter (softened)
top & bottom pie crusts, unbaked
4 to 5 large apples (peeled and chopped into small pieces)
1 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
(Optional: 1/2 cup chopped pecans and/or raisins)
- Put bottom pie crust in pie pan.
- Cream softened butter and sugar.
- Spread 1/2 of the butter mixture over the bottom pie crust.
- Beat egg white until stiff and add to the reserved butter and sugar mixture.
- Pour apples into the pie shell. (If you are adding nuts and raisins, mix with apples before putting into pie shell.)
- Spread egg white mixture over the top of the apples.
- Make a lattice-work crust for the top of the pie.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown.