All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. - Charles M. Schulz
- In a small saucepan or bowl, stir with whisk: sugar, salt, and eggs.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Set the bowl or saucepan over a pot of simmering water. Stir continuously for 8 minutes or so, until thickened.
- Remove bowl from heat; add chocolate, vanilla, and rum, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Divide chocolate mixture into 10 (4-ounce) bowls or small glasses.
- Cover and chill for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with marmalade or whipped cream.