Once we hit forty, women only have about four taste buds left: one for vodka, one for wine, one for cheese, and one for chocolate. - Gina Barreca
- Chop chocolate and put in a double boiler OR just put it in a pan and watch carefully, stirring constantly over low heat. As soon as it melts, remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl. Let cool for a bit at room temperature until needed in step #4 below.
- In a different bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form and not longer. You don't want butter! Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites to soft peaks, gradually adding sugar until you have high peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the melted chocolate until almost mixed, then fold in the whipping cream and sugar mixture.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for about 2 hours. OR you can put directly into individual serving dishes and chill in those.
- Just before serving top with whipped cream, if desired!