1/2 cup raisins (I like golden ones!)
1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cardamom (Just omit, if you don't have it.)
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use 1/2 coconut oil; 1/2 olive oil)
1/2 cup sugar
3 & 1/2 cups shredded carrots (about 6 carrots)
3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin cups.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a bowl and set aside.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, mix together: eggs, oil, and sugar until just combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture slowly. Don't overmix!
- Fold in the carrots, raisins, and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin, leaving just a bit of space above the batter in each muffin tin.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until tops are golden and a knife inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack before serving (if you can wait)!