1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
6 fresh figs, stemmed and quartered
1 (14 ounce) Brie cheese round
1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped (Can substitute toasted pecans or almonds)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Heat brown sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Add figs and vanilla, and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in walnuts and vanilla.
5. Place the Brie in a Pyrex baking dish; pour the fig and nut mixture on top.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until just softened. Do NOT allow the Brie to melt!