If you want to be an instant hit with the men, just make banana pudding! They all ooh and aah, like they've never been happier. - Aunt Annie Belle Bellia
1 (6 oz) package instant vanilla pudding
3 c whole milk
1/2 c pecans, chopped
1 c heavy whipping cream, whipped
50 vanilla wafer cookies
4 bananas, sliced
1 banana reserved for topping
1/4 c raisins, plumped in brandy (or water)
- Plump raisins in a small bowl of warm brandy or water for about 10 minutes, then drain well.
- Make the pudding in a large mixing bowl, according to the package instructions - using the 3 cups of milk.
- In a separate bowl, whip the whipping cream. Then fold half of the whipping cream and all of the nuts and raisins into the pudding, very carefully - NOT stirring.
- Put a layer of vanilla wafers on the bottom of a big 2-quart dish or bowl. (Glass looks pretty!)
- Put 1/4 of the pudding mixture over the top of the cookies, then a layer of sliced bananas over that. Don't use all the bananas - you need more for the other layers.
- Stack the cookies around the edges of the dish or bowl and ayer all three items again and again, ending up with pudding on top.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours or overnight. When you are ready to serve it, decorate the top with the left-over whipping cream, a few left-over vanilla wafers and some freshly sliced bananas.
Photo ©2015 BigCoffeeCup.com; Beso del Sol Photography