Credit for this recipe is given to Franz, our late, great Snowshoe cat. He hovered over me every minute of the preparation for this recipe. Franz loved shrimp.
1/4 c stir-fry, Hoisin, or sweet barbecue sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp Pick-a-Peppa sauce (optional)
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp butter
1 & 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup shredded purple cabbage
1/4 c celery, sliced thin
1/4 c shredded carrots
1/4 c cilantro, chopped fine
1/3 c fresh tomatoes, diced
package of large flour tortillas
- Combine all marinade ingredients - except butter - in a bowl.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, put in the shrimp, and pour the marinade over it. Stir slightly to coat shrimp. Dot with dabs of butter. Let marinate in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Prepare the filling by chopping all of the remaining ingredients. (Or put in separate little bowls for guests to pick and choose.)
- Cook shrimp in the marinade in a 350° oven until they look done. Don't overcook. You should stir them from time to time. It will take about 20 to 25 minutes - keep checking.
- Warm tortillas in foil in the oven for a few minutes. Fill with shrimp mixture and vegetables. Roll-up and enjoy!
Photo ©2015 BigCoffeeCup.com; Beso del Sol Photography