3 to 4 tea bags of your favorite black tea
8 cups boiling water
4 peaches, peeled and quartered
1/4 cup sugar (If your peaches are very ripe and sweet, you may need to use less sugar.)
2 lemons, sliced thin
- Steep tea bags in a large heat-proof bowl with the boiling water. Let sit for about 5 minutes, then remove bags and let cool.
- To easily peel peaches, dip them in boiling water for a few seconds, then run under cold water. The peel will come off much more easily.
- Remove peach pits and cut peeled peaches into quarters. Puree in blender with sugar.
- Add 2 cups of the cooled tea to the blender and zap it some more. Make sure it is cool or the blender may spew it everywhere!
- Pour blender mix into the big batch of tea and stir. It will be cloudy, but it will be good!
- Cover with Saran wrap and chill. Serve over ice with lemon slices.