Most of us have fond memories of food from our childhood. Whether it was our mom's homemade lasagna or a memorable chocolate birthday cake, food has a way of transporting us back to the past. - Homaro Cantu
- Heat butter, sauté onions; remove onions from pot and reserve.
- Add flour and blend well, bring to a golden brown. Stir constantly.
- Add water slowly and blend well. Add onions, okra, tomatoes, and shrimp.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low heat until tender.
- Serve with fluffy rice.