2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 package or 2 tsp active dry yeast
1/3 cup warm water
2 tablespoons olive oil
red onions (sliced very thin)
shallots (sliced thin)
chopped fresh rosemary
fresh ground black pepper
tomatoes (seeded and sliced very thin)
black olive halves
- Sift together flour and salt into bowl, then stir in yeast.
- Pour in warm water and olive oil.
- Stir until dough leaves the sides of the bowl. Turn out onto a floured surface and kneed for 10 minutes or stir in mixer with bread dough attachment.
- When dough is very elastic, return to bowl and cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap. Set in warm place and let rise until double in size. (Usually about an hour or so.)
- Return dough to floured surface, punch down, and knead for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Pat dough onto oiled cookie sheet and top with any of your favorite toppings.
- Cover with a damp kitchen towel and allow dough to rise again for about 20 - 30 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes.