- Saute' onions in a large pot over medium heat, stirring frequently. When almost done (soft), add curry and minced garlic.
- Add carrots and broth, then bring to a boil. Quickly reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook until carrots are tender - about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat!! Very important!! Use a hand stick-blender or potato masher and puree the carrots right in the pot. (Be careful; it’s hot!) (You can transfer batches to a blender or food processor to puree, but that’s so messy! If you choose this method, always transfer in batches that you can handle safely.) Set aside.
- Add more broth or water if the soup is too thick. Put back on the burner and heat up just a bit more.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve with a some chopped parsley on top.
Photo ©2016 BigCoffeeCup.com; Beso del Sol Photography