This is ridiculously easy. It turns out perfectly every time. No kneading, no rising, no fuss! Don't worry, all the alcohol will evaporate during the baking.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add any seeds, herbs, etc. at this time.
- Pour the beer into a glass or separate bowl and let the foam subside to get your measurement. Add the lemon juice or vinegar to the beer and give it a stir. Pour the beer into the flour mixture, not your mouth!
- Stir until just blended, then spoon batter into a loaf pan that has been buttered and dusted with flour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes, then run a knife along the edges of the loaf pan.
- Invert onto a rack to cool.
Photo ©2015 BigCoffeeCup.com; Beso del Sol Photography